Life as an Aussie Expat in the UK is great, but is it time to head back Down Under or should you continue your overseas adventure?
Take our fun test to find out.
You’ve had a great time living in the UK, surviving the pandemic and exploring Europe as an Australian expat but, as Dorothy used to say, “There’s no place like home”.
You know that sometime you’ll want to return home to the Land of Oz, but how do you know when?
We’ve put together a fun test to see if you should stay in the UK or head back home to Australia.
So check out these 17 signs that you’re missing life in Australia…
1) You miss real beaches – day trips to the English ‘seaside’ are just not the same.
2) You can’t stand the thought of another British winter.
3. The only place to get a decent coffee in London is in an Australian coffee shop!
The coffee tasting flight. Designed by @shaunyoung201 when he worked with us as a Lead Barista, before he started Noble Espresso and of course the now famous @theestatedairy. Once listed in Buzzfeed 'Top 25 places to drink coffee in the world before you die', they recommended the tasting flight as a must have. We went from selling 10 a week to over a 100 per week. Single shot flat white, single shot espresso, cold brew tea palette cleanser. Quite simply just a different and in many ways more pleasant way to enjoy and profile our coffee. Available both stores. ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ #kaffeine #kaffeinearmy #australia #kiwi #fitzrovia #london #specialtycoffee #cafe #cafelife
4) You’re experiencing travel fatigue after two years of visiting every European destination and Warsaw is next on your bucket list.
5) Al Fresco dining, wearing a coat next to a busy road, just doesn’t cut it
6) Mum’s cooking. Need I say more?
7) You’re starting to look so pale that your friends on Instagram are worrying about you.
8) You received an Aussie care package from your bestie back home and it’s triggered a severe bout of homesickness – Yes, Penguins have nothing on TimTams.
9) It’s summer in the UK and you realise you’d be warmer in the Australian winter!
10) Living in a shoe box so you can afford to travel and be near the centre of town is losing its attraction.
11) You remember the sun as an old friend rather than the fire-breathing monster you need to hide from.
12) You’re losing your Aussie accent and talking more cockney
13) You notice that more than half your friends in the UK are fellow Aussies anyway and you’re spending more time hanging out in Aussie bars.
14) Celebrating Australia Day in January in London makes you feel so homesick
15. You’re secretly spending too much time watching Neighbours, Home and Away and Wanted Down Under
16. You miss Vegemite even though you never used to eat it before.
17. Half of your British friends say they want to move to Oz and you realise just what you’re missing!
Need help moving to Australia?
If you are ready to move back home to Australia, then give us a call.
We’d be happy to help you ship back all the treasures and belongings that you’ve acquired on your travels – no matter whether it’s just a few boxes or the contents of a 3-bedroom house with your partner and kids!
PSS International Removals are one of the UK’s leading overseas removals and shipping companies. Every year we help thousands of Aussies and UK migrants move Down Under.
Speak to one of our team and they will give you a quote and answer all your questions on what you can and can’t take back home.