Check out the 21 quotes from famous celebrities that will inspire you to visit or move to New Zealand
When Charles Darwin visited New Zealand back in 1860 he commented, “I believe we were all glad to leave New Zealand. It is not a pleasant place. Amongst the natives, there is absent that charming simplicity …. and the greater part of the English are the very refuse of society.”
How things have changed!
New Zealand is one of the most desirable places to live on earth. Not only because of the breathtaking scenery but also because of the high quality of life.
You can check out our list of reasons to move to New Zealand here. But planning your visit or applying for a visa can take some time so here are some inspiring quotes about New Zealand that will keep you motivated in the mean time.
Here are 21 quotes from famous visitors and natives of New Zealand:
1) “There’s a real purity in New Zealand that doesn’t exist in the states. It’s actually not an easy thing to find in our world anymore. It’s a unique place because it is so far away from the rest of the world. There is a sense of isolation and also being protected.” Elijah Wood
2) “I can’t believe Nelsonians get to wake up in this amazing paradise every morning.” Ian Mckellen
3) “There is only one word for New Zealand – epic!.” Bear Grylls
4) “I moved out to New Zealand to live as I thought the warmth and peace and quiet would help me. I went away and changed my whole life routine.” Michael Crawford
5) “New Zealand is not a small country but a large village.” Peter Jackson
6) “Fiordland, ladies and gentleman. What a spectacle. Earth destination number one.” Stephen Fry
7) “Whenever I get stressed I just want to hop on a plane to Queenstown.” John Travolta
8) “I’ve got to say God really outdid himself down here.” Bob Harper
9) “If you want to buy a slice of Heaven, you need to make New Zealand your home.” Rod Donald
10) “One place that I looked at a lot from space and which looks alluring is New Zealand, especially the North Island. It’s a big broad valley with a river flowing through it, and you can see the wine-making dryness of the land.” – Chris Hadfield
11) “Living in New Zealand, it’s like a different world – it is a different world. It’s very, very cool.” – Luke Evans
12) “Every time we visit my sister Karen in New Zealand I spend the next two months Googling properties and dreaming of escaping the British winter.” – Tess Daly
13) “Kiwis have a “get up and go” approach to life, and a strong relationship with the natural world. Those two things I find hugely attractive, because it underlines there’s a positive energy in the Southern Hemisphere. It’s a positive energy on these two wonderful islands that you don’t get in other parts of the world.” – Noel Edmunds
14) “I’m from Canada, and New Zealand feels like you took all the best bits of Canada and squished them onto a tiny island like Hawaii. I was absolutely blown away by the beauty of the South Island.” – Evangeline Lilly
15) “I myself prefer my New Zealand eggs for breakfast.” – Queen Elizabeth II
16) “How great it would be for us all to have the pride of knowing that we, as a country, are one of the best countries to be a child.” – Jacinda Ardern
17) “One of the best things about growing up in New Zealand is that if you are prepared to work hard and have faith in yourself, truly anything is possible.” – Peter Jackson
18) “We all have to remember that New Zealand is built on these kind of people who are rebels and renegades, people doing it their own way, fighting for freedom, and braving the elements. I think it’s cool to celebrate that.” – Taika Waititi
19) “New Zealand is a place where you can get well.” – James Nesbitt
20) “We’ve had a debate about immigration in New Zealand for some time. Now what we’re trying to champion in that conversation is a recognition that New Zealand has been built off immigration. I myself am a third-generation New Zealander.” – Jacinda Ardern
21) “I think it all comes down to motivation. If you really want to do something, you will work hard for it.” Edmond Hillary
For more information on moving to New Zealand visit our removals page here.