Our overseas removals services and excess baggage shipping services will continue throughout the UK during the current lockdown with the important changes we have already implemented to protect the health of customers and staff
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 5th January 2021 for a tier 5 lockdown for England and the First Minister’s announcement for a stay at home order for Scotland, we’d like to reassure customers that under the current government guidelines our international removals and baggage shipping services will continue operating throughout all counties in the UK.
The new procedures we implemented, as outlined below, will continue as before in order to protect the health of both customers and staff and minimise the risk of spreading Covid-19.
The New Year is traditionally a very busy period for us with our services being in high demand and we therefore recommend that you allow sufficient time for planning your removal so that we can ensure it runs smoothly.
Our telephone lines are open as usual between 9am and 5pm, Monday – Friday with staff available to answer your questions.
You can call us on freephone 0800 988 3711 or 020 8686 7733.
Getting a quote or home / video surveys
In the first instance you are able to get a quote for both removals and box / excess baggage shipping on our website using the online cost calculators.
During the lockdown period, we will be offering video surveys for international removals and shipping of large items such as furniture. Our experienced International Removal Surveyors are able to provide estimates and advice remotely using our home video survey app.
Estimated shipping times
Whilst we endeavour to maintain our usual high standards of service during this time, we do ask customers to be more understanding and flexible.
Situations can change rapidly between countries. Your Move Manager or Account Manager will be able to advise you on the current situation with the country you are shipping to. The shipping times we give are estimates and we cannot guarantee that your shipment won’t be subject to delays en route or in customs at your destination country.
We also ask customers to ensure that you have the right visa to be allowed entry into your destination country. You should check carefully as many countries have restricted entry at this time, especially for non-citizens.
New procedures for international removals during the Covid-19 pandemic
At PSS, our aim is to ensure that we keep all of our staff and clients safe during the current pandemic. Following guidance from both the Government and the British Association of Removers, we have therefore put a number of new procedures in place.
NB: Please be aware that these procedures are subject to change as guidance from the Government and British Association of Removers changes.
What we are doing to protect both you and our staff:
- Our crews are kept up to date with the best advice from Public Health England and The Health & Safety Executive.
- In addition, based on this advice, our crews have a set procedure they must follow at the start of their working day, right through to the start of the move and the end of their working day. This procedure includes important measures such as social distancing and the use of Personal Protective Equipment when required, and the use of hand santisers to be used during the removal;
- The crews are working in restricted teams, so that there are fewer team changes over this period, helping to limit the number of contacts each crew member has;
- Crew members will advise us immediately if they develop symptoms of Covid-19, or if they have been in contact with anyone who has developed symptoms, and they will then isolate for the recommended period;
- We will not provide any paperwork at the end of the removal; however, your Move Manager will email these to you as soon as possible following completion of the collection
What we ask of you:
- Let us know if, in the two weeks prior to your move, you develop any of the symptoms of Covid-19, or if you are in contact with anyone who has developed such symptoms, or if you have been active in the community;
- There should be only one customer present at the property at the time of the removal.;
- We need you to clean all surfaces, door handles, stair rails/bannisters before our crew arrive;
- Please leave all internal doors open for the delivery to reduce the need for contact;
- Please allow our crew access to a bathroom to allow them to wash their hands regularly throughout the delivery;
- If possible it would be best if the removal can be done from an empty property, in which case we will need one person to be present at the start of the removal to let the crew in, and at the end of the removal to check the property and to lock up;
- If someone does remain at the property during the removal, they must not be in the same room as, nor be within 2 metres of, any export packer at any time;
- During loading of the container or removal vehicle, no-one apart from the crew should be near the house or vehicle at any time
Due to the restrictions we need to have for contact between clients and crew during the day, it is more important than ever to make sure you are ready for your move and we ask that you follow the advice provided in the Check List in your booking confirmation email.
More Government Information about moving home during the Coronavirus pandemic
For more information about what you can and can not do during the current restirctions please visit the government coronavirus website.
The following are links to latest government advice on moving home: