Thinking of travelling or moving to Australia? These quotes about Australia from celebrities are sure to inspire you to travel Down Under
If you are looking for famous quotes about Australia, you are in the right place. It is no surprise people love Australia as there is a wealth of opportunities for everyone, and so many beautiful areas to explore and visit.
You will find the best travel quotes about Australia from famous singers to world-renowned actors with many deciding to live in Australia permanently.
Australia is a popular destination for UK expats for its lifestyle, climate, and salary, so it is no wonder that famous celebrities also love visiting the country. If you are looking for more inspiration make sure to check out our great reasons to move to Australia or our ideas on where to go on holiday in Australia.
Check out these fun, interesting and thoughtful quotes from famous people about Australia
1) “I want a world in which we send you Marmite, you send us Vegemite, we send you Penguins and you send us, with reduced tariffs, these wonderful Arnott’s Tim Tams” – Boris Johnson
2) “I was lucky enough to grow up in Western Australia and know that the Australian Outback is vast and spell-binding and heart-stoppingly beautiful, and the characters that inhabit it are unique and hilarious and tough and cheeky.” – Tim Minchin
3) “Don’t worry about the world ending today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia” – Charles M Schulz
4) “We are all visitors to this time. This place we are just passing through. Our purpose here is to Observe. To Learn. To Grow. To Love. And then we return home” – Australian Aboriginal Proverb
5) “I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains, of ragged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains. I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror – The wide brown land for me!” – Dorothea Mackellar
6) “Every country is like a particular type of person. America is like a belligerent, adolescent boy; Canada is like an intelligent, 35-year-old woman. Australia is like Jack Nicholson. It comes right up to you and laughs very hard in your face in a highly threatening and engaging manner” – Douglas Adams
7) “Australia is a phenomenally beautiful country, and every time I go away and come back, it never ceases to amaze me” – David Wenham
8) “Australia is a nation of compassion. Courage and compassion. And the third of these great values: resilience.” – Kevin Rudd
9) “God Bless America. God Save The Queen. God defend New Zealand and thank Christ for Australia.” – Russell Crowe
10) “There’s an expression in Australia that’s called ‘Go Bush,’ which means to get out of the city and relax. I try and ‘go bush’ to places where there’s no cell reception. But, I don’t get to do that often, so for the most part, it’s just a state of mind.” – Cate Blanchett
11) “Australia is a land of compassion. Courage and compassion. And the third of these great values: resilience” – Kevin Rudd
12) “Once people come to Australia, they join the team.” – Tony Abbott
13) “You feel free in Australia. There is great relief in the atmosphere – a relief from tension, a relief from pressure, an absence of control of will or form. The skies open above you and the areas open around you.” – D. H. Lawrence
14) “I love food, all types of food. I love Korean food, Japanese, Italian, and French. In Australia, we don’t have distinctive Australian food, so we have food from everywhere all around the world. We’re very multicultural, so we grew up with lots of different types of food.” – Hugh Jackman
15) “I love Australia; it was a really, really nice experience for me. It’s such a beautiful place. The people are beautiful – like, really beautiful – and they are beautiful in terms of their personalities. It’s a great place to be. It’s like you are in a little bit of a dream world.” – Shawn Mendes
16) “Leaving Australia was the hardest thing I have ever done.” – Barry Gibb
17) “When we grew up, Australia was the land of opportunity; it really was.” – Angus Young, ACDC
18) “We were living in California, and it just wasn’t conducive for the lifestyle that we wanted with kids. Los Angeles is tricky to get around, there’s paparazzi to deal with, and I had this feeling that I just wanted to move back to Australia.” – Chris Hemsworth
19) “I have always had, as I know many people have, a singular passion for Australia. I do love the sunburnt country, its ancient landscapes, its exhilarating reaches of sand and sea.” – Peter Garrett, Midnight Oil
20) “I think Australia has to be a country which has the ‘Welcome’ sign out.” – Paul Keating
22) “I’m a very proud Australian, always bragging about our country wherever I am in the world.” – Kylie Minogue
23) “Australia is about as far away as you can get. I like that.” – Andre 3000 (Benjamin)
24) Australia is a huge rest home, where no unwelcome news is ever wafted on to the pages of the worst newspapers in the world.” – Germaine Greer
25) “The people are immensely likable— cheerful, extrovert, quick-witted, and unfailingly obliging. Their cities are safe and clean and nearly always built on water. They have a society that is prosperous, well ordered, and instinctively egalitarian. The food is excellent. The beer is cold. The sun nearly always shines. There is coffee on every corner. Life doesn’t get much better than this.” – Bill Bryson
26) “Sydney is the most amazing city. The food and the beautiful beaches are fantastic, and all that surf and sunshine make you feel unbelievably relaxed.” – Ronan Keating
27) “Sydney has taken my money, Melbourne has my respect, but Adelaide has taken my heart; I shall return.” – Miriam Margoyles
28) “My partner of 45 years is Australian, and a big part of her character is that marvellous quality of irony which Aussies possess. I relish their humour and sense of fairness.”― Miriam Margolyes
29) “The great thing about coming to Melbourne is that people talk about Sydney being the food capital but Melbourne is a lot more; it has that residential feel, a feeling of homeliness. When you go to restaurants, it’s known as a creative, artistic city. That’s what you get with the food.” Ainsley Harriott
30) “Melbourne is the kind of town that really makes you consider the question ‘Is there life after death?” – Bette Midler
31) “A couple from Sydney or Melbourne might leave on the same day for their holiday: the wife might go sun-bathing at Surfers Paradise, in Queensland, the husband ski-ing in the Snowy Mountains. A lucky country.” – George Mikes
32) “I have a message for my fans. Whatever you want to do in this world, it is achievable. The most important thing that I’ve found, that perhaps you could use, is be passionate and enthusiastic in the direction that you choose in life, and you’ll be a winner.” ― Steve Irwin
33) “You know what happens when you don’t take a risk? Nothing.” — Mel Gibson
Did these quotes about Australia persuade you to move to Australia?
We hope you found these quotes about Australia inspiring. If you are convinced about moving to Australia and want to move your personal belongings from the UK, PSS will be able to help.
PSS provides many helpful services including international removals to Australia and shipping to Australia. Whether you are looking to send over a few boxes, or a full household removal, PSS will be able to assist you.